Mission of the City Recorder’s Office is to provide accurate information to the public and staff and maximize the public's access to municipal government.
The City Council meeting agendas and minutes are available the Wednesday prior to the regularly scheduled Council meeting. Minutes from each City Council meeting are prepared and then approved by the City Council usually at the next scheduled meeting.
All City Council agenda packets are available King City Hall. They are also posted online. If you would like a copy of the City Council meeting agenda and/or packet emailed to you, please sign up for our e-news service and check the City Council agenda box.
Requests for public records are made to the City Recorder, who is the custodian of the City’s records. Requests should be in writing and be as specific as possible. However, requests for single copies of readily available information (resolutions, ordinances, minutes, etc.) can be found online.
The City does charge for copies and may, if the request is large, charge for an employee's time as well per the Master Fee Schedule. Download the Public Records Request Form.
The City of King City Municipal Code contains all of the codified ordinances adopted by the King City Council. You can view the King City Municipal Code online, review or purchase hard copies of the Code at City Hall.
City Recorder Responsibilities
In addition to providing the services listed above, the the Office of the City Recorder is responsible for the following:
- Attending and taking minutes of all meetings of the City Council, Budget Committee, and Urban Renewal Agency
- Preparing and distributing the agendas and meeting packets for the City Council, Budget Committee, and Planning Commission.
- Maintaining all permanent and official records of the City
- Administering the citywide records management program
- Responding to public requests for information
- Conducting municipal elections for King City.