Where to Apply:
King City City Hall
15300 SW 116th Avenue
King City, OR 97224
- Monday/Wednesday/Thursday 8:30am-12noon and 1pm-4pm
- Tuesday 10:30am-12noon and 1pm-4pm
- Friday 8:30am-12noon and 1pm-4pm
- If you are applying for the first time
- if your expired U.S. passport is not in your possession;
- if your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago;
- if your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16;
- or if your currently valid U.S. passport has been lost, stolen or damaged
Passport fees are check or money order.
All persons must have their own passports, including infants.
You must apply in person if:
To Apply in Person for a U.S. Passport, You MUST:
- Provide Application for Passport, Form DS-11
- To download an application form, go to the Department of State website at www.travel.state.gov or forms can be obtained from any passport agency or acceptance facility, such as the City of King City, City of Tigard or City of Beaverton.
NOTE: Please do NOT sign the DS-11 application form until the Passport Acceptance Agent instructs you to do so.
- Present Proof of U.S. Citizenship
All documentation submitted as evidence of U.S. Citizenship will be returned either with the issued passport or in a separate mailing. You may prove U.S. Citizenship with any one of the following:
- Previous U.S. Passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as evidence of U.S. citizenship.)
- Certified birth certificate (notarized copy not acceptable) issued by the city, county or state in which you were born.
NOTE: A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note that some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes, such as those from California and Texas.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth.
- Naturalization Certificate.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
If you do NOT have a previous U.S. passport or a certified birth certificate, please visit one of the websites below for information on how to purchase a certified birth certificate.
- Present Proof of Identity
- Driver's license
- Government ID: city, state or federal
- Military ID: military and dependents
NOTE: Your social security card does not prove your identity
- Provide Two Passport Photos.
The City of King City does not take photos. There are many stores in the area that take passport photos, such as Walgreens and Costco.
Please visit http://www.travel.state.gov for exact photo specifications.
- Pay the Applicable Fee
FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE
*Two separate payments must be made for each passport application, as indicated below.
Payment 1, in the form of a check or money order only:
NEW PRICES EFFECTIVE JULY 13, 2010:
Age 16 and older: Passport Book Application Fee $110.00 Payable to: U.S. Department of State Passport Card Application Fee $30.00 Payable to: U.S. Department of State Passport Card & Book Fee $140.00 Payable to: U.S. Department of State
Under Age 16: Passport Application Fee $80.00 Payable to: U.S. Department of State Passport Card Application Fee $15.00 Payable to: U.S. Department of State Passport Card & Book Fee $95.00 Payable to: U.S. Department of State
Payment 2, in the form of cash, check, money order or credit/debit card: Execution Fee $25.00 Payable to: City of King City
For Minors under Age 16 you must establish proof of citizenship AND proof of relationship
- Minor must appear in person
- Both parents must be present with minor
- Proof of citizenship
- Parents must present their ID
The processing time varies. The turn around time is approximately 4-6 weeks from the time of application. Expedited service is within three weeks door-to-door. The expedite fee is an additional $60 (Payable to: U.S. Department of State).
Add the overnight mail fee to your check in the amount of $20.66 (Payable to: U.S. Department of State)
Traveling within 14 days?
You must make an appointment at the Seattle Passport Agency.
If your travel plans necessitate a quicker turn around time than two weeks, you must make an appointment and apply in person at the Seattle Passport Office and show proof of travel. Please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 to schedule an appointment.