Impounded Vehicles

Has your vehicle been towed and impounded by the King City Police Department?

Oregon Revised Statute 809.720 allows police officers to tow a vehicle for committing the following specified offenses:

ORS 806.010 - Driving Uninsured

ORS 807.010 - Operating Vehicle Without Driving Privileges

ORS 811.175 - Violation Driving While Suspended or Revoked

ORS 811.182 - Criminal Driving While Suspended or Revoked

ORS 813.010 - Driving Under Influence of Intoxicants

ORS 809.710 - Authority to Refuse to Release Vehicle to Intoxicated Person

To obtain a release of your vehicle, you must:

Go to the King City Police Records located at City Hall, 15300 SW 116th Ave, King City, OR. The Records Department can assist you every day between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.

You must provide the following:

Positive picture identification such as an Oregon Drivers License

Proof that a person with valid driving privileges will be operating the vehicle

Proof of insurance with the effective dates and listing of the specific vehicle

Proof of right to possession (vehicle registration)

Payment of $100.00 to cover administrative fees. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Cash accepted. No checks.

If you are not the registered owner of the impounded vehicle, you will need in addition to the above:


Signed-off Title

A bill of sale that has been notarized; or

A bill of sale from an auto sales business on letterhead

DMV Title Transfer receipt

We do not establish the towing charges. Towing charges can vary greatly depending on circumstances. The towing company and impound lot will generally also require cash or credit card; no checks.


If you have any questions, please contact the King City Police Records Department at 503-620-8851 from Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.