Traffic Citations

If you have received a traffic citation you will need to decide how you wish to plead. You may enter a plea of:

• Not Guilty if you wish to contest the charge against you and go to trial, or

• No Contest if you do not want to contest the charge but would like to provide an explanation for the violation and/or see if you are eligible to get the fine lowered.

You may enter your plea in one of four ways:

1.By mail, following the instructions on the citation; or

2.At the court clerk's desk in King City Hall; or

3.By appearing in court at the time set for arraignment on the face of your citation; or

4.By entering a no contest plea and paying the citation.

If you have a question about your guilt or innocence you should speak with an attorney. Oregon law prohibits court staff from providing legal advice.